Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
I triple this and place in front of the T.V. for Sunday's games.
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 cups unsalted peanuts or 2 cups pecan halves
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Beat the egg white with the water until soft peaks form.
- Stir in nuts.
- In another bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients.
- Sprinkle this over the nuts, toss or stir well.
- Transfer to a buttered cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes, up to 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- You want the nuts to be dry.
- Remove from heat, cool and serve.
I made this recipe for our Christmas party and they were delicious! I doubled the recipe. I love the addition of the cayenne ~ it gives the nuts "a little something". Thanks for posting!