Prep 40 mins
Cook 50 mins
An easy delicious dish to prepare and serve. The beer mixture thickens as it cooks, and can be spooned over the chicken at serving time. I have served it over rice,angel hair pasta, or a plain plate, without objection. TRY THIS ONE!!!!!!! MMMMMMMMMMM
- 1 whole chicken, quartered,skinned if you prefer,if not ok
- 1 (24 ounce) bottle ketchup
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 (12 ounce) cans light beer
- Pan fry chicken on both sides until brown.
- Using cooking spray, coat a 13x9 cake pan or glass casserole (glass preferred) Place browned chicken in pan.
- Mix beer, ketchup, and brown sugar together.
- Pour mixture over chicken in pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes.
Excellent recipe! It also has a great aroma while simmering in the oven. I served this over egg noodles and it was delicious!! Definately a 5 star rating!!
I loved this recipe. I think maybe next time, I will go a little lighter on the beer, but other than that, it was a really good meal. I served it over vermicelli noodles, with English peas and biscuits. Has a really sweet but tangy taste. Will make again.
So easy to make, and even my daughter...who hates everything...liked it!! IT WAS GREAT!!