Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Found this recipe in a Kraft magazine and switched it up a little. Easy bread that goes together really quickly and can bake while the soup is cooking. I used marble because that is all I had in the house, but it would be great with gouda or Havarti.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- 1 (355 ml) can non-alcoholic beer
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Heat oven to 375.
- Mix dry ingredients together. Stir in cheese. Add beer and stir until moistened, do not overmix.
- Pour into a 9x5 loaf pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Pour melted butter over the batter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in pan, then cool on a wire rack.