Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Make and share this Beer Bread (Bread Machine) recipe from Food.com.
1 1/2 pound loaf
- 1 1⁄8 cups beer (9 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons fast rising yeast (or 2 1/4 t. bread machine yeast)
- Pour beer into a bowl and let stand at room temperature for a few hours to go flat.
- Place all ingredients in the pan according to the order in the manufacturer's directions.
- Set crust on dark and program for the Basic cycle; press Start.
- When the baking cycle ends, immediately remove the bread from the pan and place it on a rack.
- Let cool to room temperature before slicing.
Tastes great! I used a bottle of Woodchuck Hard Cider and just followed the recipe. It came out very tasty and with a great texture. This is a keeper.
Great recipe! Much better than the recipe that came with my Cuisinart bread machine. The amount of beer used was perfect and yielded a very moist and delicious bread. I didn't let the beer go flat (didn't say to in other recipes I've read prior to this one) and it came out just fine. I did use the 2 1/4 tsp of bread machine yeast also and the rise was perfect! I can't wait to use this bread with cheese fondue and/or spinach dip!
Delicious and sweet. Yummy!