This recipe was given to me by an Alaskan friend. I have not tried it yet (we don't eat much fried foods), but knowing the source, I'm sure it is good!
- Heat deep fryer or skillet with vegetable oil deep enough to cover meat to 375.
- Beat egg, and add remaining ingredients.
- Rinse and dry meat on paper towels in order for it to hold batter.
- Dip meat into batter and place in deep fryer or skillet.
- Cook for approx 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
This is an excellent recipe. I used it for, salmon and sweet potato, fish and chips.
Loved the recipe!! After I soak the halibut/lincod in the batter, I usually roll it in a Panko (Japanese style) bread crumbs and coconut mixture and then fry it. Delicious!!
Awesome recipe! It worked great on cod as well. Was nice and crunchy but also light and not too rich! My kids loved it as well, so that's a big plus in my books! I did like one other person said, and added a bit more salt, and it was perfect.