- vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flat beer
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup flour
- 2 lbs halibut or 2 lbs chicken, skinned and cut into bite-sized pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat deep fryer or skillet with vegetable oil deep enough to cover meat to 375.
- Beat egg, and add remaining ingredients.
- Rinse and dry meat on paper towels in order for it to hold batter.
- Dip meat into batter and place in deep fryer or skillet.
- Cook for approx 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.