Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
A fried corn cake with onion, bell pepper, and tomato in the batter.
Make and share this Beer and Tomato Hush Puppies recipe from Food.com.
- Combine the first 3 ingredients in large bowl; stir well.
- Add onion, pepper, and tomato. Stir in the egg, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and beer; stir well.
- Pour oil to the depth of 2 inches in a heavy skillet. Heat oil to 375°F.
- Carefully drop the batter by rounded teaspoonful into hot oil.
- Fry the hush puppies a few at a time for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden, turning once. Drain well on paper towels.
I doubled the recipe, replaced the Worcestershire with hot sauce, added 2 tablespoons of garlic powder and a can of drained whole cornel corn. It fed a 2 company fire station with nothing left over. Excellent!