southern chef in louisiana's Note:
A fried corn cake with onion, bell pepper, and tomato in the batter.
My Private Note
hush pu ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the first 3 ingredients in large bowl; stir well.
- 2Add onion, pepper, and tomato. Stir in the egg, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and beer; stir well.
- 3Pour oil to the depth of 2 inches in a heavy skillet. Heat oil to 375°F.
- 4Carefully drop the batter by rounded teaspoonful into hot oil.
- 5Fry the hush puppies a few at a time for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden, turning once. Drain well on paper towels.
Browse Our Top Low Sat. Fat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beer and Tomato Hush Puppies
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.6
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 789.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 7.3 g