Recipe by Mirj
I usually serve this as a light supper. This is also a good brunch dish.
Top Review by MathMom.calif
This was a nice, light and easy to assemble meal. We all thought it was good, but it is still missing something. I did use the 1/2 cup of salsa and stir it in at the end--medium hot. Maybe it needs more? I also used fresh mushrooms that I sauted in a bit of broth before cooking the meat (I do not like canned or jarred mushrooms). I did like the flavors of the spinach, meat, mushrooms and eggs blending together. A nice mix and we may make it again.
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb turkey
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup thick & chunky salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beef over medium high heat in a skillet, stirring occasionally, until the meat browns, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Stir in scallions, red pepper, mushrooms and spinach.
- Cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs with the garlic salt and pepper.
- Stir the eggs into the skillet with the meat and vegetables.
- Cook, stirring until the eggs are firm and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in salsa or serve alongside.