Recipe by charlened
Thought this sounded nutritious, easy and autumnal.
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
I recognize this recipe from Better Homes and Gardens and wanted to give it a try. This was easy enough to make and made a filling lunch. I think I would like it even better with some herbs to enhance the flavor a bit. I used butternut squash, macaroni pasta and increased the garlic to 2 cloves. Overall a good soup but could use a little tweaking. Thanks for posting.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefrozen kernel corn
- 1 1⁄2 cups peeled seeded and cubed pumpkin or 1 1⁄2 cups butternut squash
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green sweet pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 ounces dried medium pasta shells or 2 ounces cavatelli
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh parsley