Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is another simple kid-friendly meal! (Make sure the macaroni is COOKED prior to starting!)
- 3⁄4 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 1⁄2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 3⁄4 cup barbecue sauce (or more!)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- additional cheese
- In a skillet brown beef with onions and garlic until no longer pink. Drain.
- Add macaroni, BBQ sauce and pepper (salt if needed). Mix well.
- In a saucepan, heat milk and butter until butter is melted.
- Stir in cheese until melted.
- Pour over the macaroni mixture and mix gently.
- Sprinkle with additional cheese.
I thought this recipe sounded really yummy and different. I really wanted something different and economical. This recipe, in my opinion, is a good recipe. I liked it. I had to give it 2 stars because I was the only one of 5 people who liked it. My kids (7 yrs old) didn't like it at all, and my husband and brother didn't like it either. I guess it really depends on your taste. It's not a bad recipe, I think that some people in my family don't care for the flavors.
My kids picked this one and they thought it was great. Cheese and BBQ sauce does it for them. Very easy skillet supper. Thanks C7
My kids didn't really go for this one. My daughter was upset that it was all mixed together. In all, it was easy to make, and my husband liked it okay, but my kids wouldn't touch it.