Recipe by Charmie777
This is another simple kid-friendly meal! (Make sure the macaroni is COOKED prior to starting!)
Top Review by Mamacheese2004
I thought this recipe sounded really yummy and different. I really wanted something different and economical. This recipe, in my opinion, is a good recipe. I liked it. I had to give it 2 stars because I was the only one of 5 people who liked it. My kids (7 yrs old) didn't like it at all, and my husband and brother didn't like it either. I guess it really depends on your taste. It's not a bad recipe, I think that some people in my family don't care for the flavors.
- 3⁄4 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 1⁄2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 3⁄4 cup barbecue sauce (or more!)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- additional cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet brown beef with onions and garlic until no longer pink. Drain.
- Add macaroni, BBQ sauce and pepper (salt if needed). Mix well.
- In a saucepan, heat milk and butter until butter is melted.
- Stir in cheese until melted.
- Pour over the macaroni mixture and mix gently.
- Sprinkle with additional cheese.