Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Beef With Basil (Phad Kraproa)
Make and share this Beef With Basil (Phad Kraproa) recipe from Food.com.
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 16 -20 large fresh basil leaves
- 10 ounces ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 1 -2 fresh red chile, sliced into rings
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh gingerroot
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- lemon juice
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- thai jasmine rice
- Heat the oil in a work and, when hot, add the basil leaves and fry for about 1 minute until crisp and golden. Drain on kitchen paper. Remove the work from the heat and pour off all but 2 tbsp of the oil.
- In a bowl mix together the fish sauce and sugar. Add the beef, mix well, then then leave to marinate for about 30 minute.
- Reheat the oil until hot, add the chiles, garlic, ginger and shallot and stir fry for 30 seconds. Add the beef and chopped basil, then stir stir-fry for about 3 minutes. Flavour with lemon juice and add seasoning to taste.
- Transfer to serving plate, scatter over the basil leaves and serve immediately with Thai jasmine rice.