Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Braised beef tripe and tendons.
Make and share this Beef Tripe and Tendons With Dried Bean Curd recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs honeycomb beef tripe
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh beef, tendons
- 1⁄4 lb fresh ginger
- 6 fresh garlic cloves
- 2 star anise
- 3 stalks green onions, cut into 2 inch strips
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 8 ounces dried bean sticks
- 16 Chinese black mushrooms
- 1 lb carrot, large sliced
- 1 lb fried bean cake
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup oyster sauce
- white pepper
- 4 stalks green onions, 1 inch slices
- In a stockpot add beef tripe’s, tendon, ginger, garlic, star anises, green onion, salt and cover with water the mixture and bring to boil and after 5 minutes of boiling reduce to a light rolling simmer. Simmer until the tripe and tendons are tender. Remove from stock and set aside to cool. Cut the tripe and tendons into pieces.
- Soak the bean curd sticks and mushrooms until soft and cut off the stems from mushrooms. Cut the bean crud stick into 2 inch pieces.
- In a stockpot add about 3 quarts of water bring to a boil. Add the bean curd stick, mushrooms and carrot brings to a boil. When the mixture is tender add fried bean cake, sugar, soy sauce and oyster sauce. Taste the stock after 10 minutes of simmer. Add salt and pepper to taste. Return the beef tripe and tendons and back to a boil. Turn off heat and add green onion.