Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a recipe from Ricardo. Posted for ZWT.
Make and share this Beef Tortilla Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 5 tortillas
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- sour cream, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F In a saucepan, brown the green onion in oil. Add beef and cook at high heat, while breaking it. When it's cooked and liquid evaporated, add oregano, chili powder, cream cheese, stock and chives. Cook while stirring until creamy. Add salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Put one tortilla in a large pie plate. Cover with 1/5 of beef mixture. Sprinkle with 1/5 of cheddar. Repeat, alternating with tortilla, meat and cheese until there is no leftover. End with the cheese.
- Cover the tortilla cake with foil paper. Cook in oven for 20 minutes. Remove foil paper and keep cooking about 20 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes, then cut in slices. Serve with salsa and sour cream.
Very good! I used ground turkey and Neufch?tel cheese to lighten it up a bit. Worked great. I used flour tortillas but will try corn next time. I goofed and ran out of meat mixture before I got the top layer, so just sprinkled cheese on the top tortilla. It got a bit crisp but was good. I also would add a can of diced, green chilies to the meat next time for added flavor. Made for ZWT8.
This was very good. I made it ahead of time a froze it. Thawed in fridge overnight and served it for lunch with a corn salad. Thanks for sharing
What a sinfully rich mexican casserole! I made exactly as posted this time, and it was just delicious. I used corn tortillas since the type wasn't specified. I also used a mix of sharp cheddar and monterrey jack cheese. I think next time I will toss in some jalapenos for some heat, but this is definitely a repeat performance. Made for Family Picks ZWT8.