Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Wouldn't this make a lovely Valentine's dinner for 2?
Make and share this Beef Tenderloin with Peppercorn Hollandaise recipe from Food.com.
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (fillet steaks, about 6 ounces each)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon green peppercorn
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pink peppercorns
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- chopped flat leaf parsley (, for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees.
- Season the tenderloins with salt and pepper and set them aside.
- In a small saucepan over high heat, bring the green, black, and pink peppercorns, white wine, sherry, sherry vinegar, shallot, and garlic to a boil.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, or until about 2 tbsp of liquid remain; set aside to cool.
- Place the egg yolks and the cooled wine mixture in a small stainless steel bowl.
- Place the bowl over a pot of simmering water and whisk for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the egg yolks thicken to the consistency of softly whipped cream.
- Do not scramble the eggs.
- Slowly whisk in the melted butter and mix thoroughly.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Leave the bowl over the hot water and remove the pot from the heat.
- Cover and set aside.
- In a medium saute pan over high temperature, heat the 1 tbsp olive oil until smoking hot.
- Sear the tenderloins well on both sides, about 2 minutes per side.
- If your saute pan is ovenproof, place it in the oven; otherwise, transfer the beef to a roasting pan.
- Bake the tenderloins for about 8 minutes for medium-rare.
- Place the tenderloins on individual plates and pour over the sauce.
- Garnish with the chopped parsley.