Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is so good. It is a recipe from Best of the Best from Big Sky Cookbook. We usually cook ours longer as we prefer medium to medium well.
- 4 lbs center cut beef tenderloin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef stock
- 3⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup jalapeno jelly
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Trim fat from tenderloin or have butcher do it. Tie string around tenderloin at 4 equal intervals.
- Mix dry ingredients and rub mixture all over tenderloin.
- Place tenderloin on rack in roasting pan in middle of oven.
- Roast for 30 minutes or to 120 degrees on meat thermometer. Transfer to platter and cover with foil, let rest for 10 minutes.
- Pour off fat from roasting pan. Add beef stock, balsamic vinegar and jelly to pan. Cook for 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Slice tenderloin in 1 inch slices and spoon sauce over top of each serving.