Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Cooking Light. October 2003. This is for DH.
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- cooking spray
- 2 (4 ounce) beef tenderloin steaks
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- Combine first 6 ingredients, stirring with a whisk.
- Heat a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add steaks; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Remove from pan; keep warm. Add shallots to pan; sauté 1 minute. Add broth mixture; bring to a boil.
- Cook until reduced to 1/4 cup (about 1 minute). Serve sauce with the steaks. Sprinkle with parsley.
Good dish. I will definitely be making it again.
I was looking for a fillet recipe with a sauce that wouldn't break my Weight Watchers points bank and found this on the Cooking Light sight. It is delicious and you'll never miss the butter in the tasty sauce. It's a keeper, thanks for posting it here.