Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick Dinner for those rushed "during the week" times
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup vertical sliced sweet onion
- 1 cup vertical sliced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup sliced shallot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 2 cups green beans, cut & trimmed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces beef tenderloin steaks
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Melt 1 tsp butter in saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and scallions. Saute about 8 minutes.
- Add garlic saute 1 minute.
- Add broth cook about 5 minutes until onions are soft and most of the liquid is gone.
- Add beans & vinegar, cover and cook 4 minutes until beans are tender.
- Remove pan from heat, add 1 teaspoon butter and 1/8 tsp salt, Keep warm
- Sprinkle steaks with salt & pepper.
- Add steaks to preheated pan with olive oil.
- Cook steaks 3 minutes on each side (more if you want well done).
- Let stand for 5 minutes, then serve with string beans.