Recipe by NELady
This is something I threw together for dinner. Got the inspiration from the back of a Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Mushroom Soup Mix. This makes enough filling for TWO pies - I just made one and froze the rest of the filling for next time.
- 1 lb beef stew meat, tenderized
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) packet onion and mushroom soup mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) can hunts tomato paste
- 4 celery ribs, Diced
- 3 carrots, Diced
- 2 medium onions, Diced
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli, Diced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh green beans, Chopped
- 1 large roma tomato, Diced
- 2 frozen pie crusts, thawed & ready to use
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees.
- Season beef with salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder.
- In large skillet, heat extra virgin olive oil over medium-high heat and brown steak.
- Stir in celery, carrots and onions. Cook until onion is translucent.
- Add water, tomato paste and soup mix. Stir well.
- Add remaining vegetables and stir well.
- Fill pie shell and bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes. Enjoy!