Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This old recipe is one I grew up with - 10 points on WW by my calculations.
- 2 medium potatoes, pared and diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 250 g extra lean ground beef
- 2 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon beef bouillon powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh oregano, minced
- 8 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas and carrot
- Preheat oven to 350F; Spray 1 qt casserole with cooking spray.
- Boil potatoes in saucepan until tender; about 20 minutes; add salt and pepper and mash until fluffy and smooth; set aside.
- Cook beef in skillet, stirring until no longer pink; about 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce, bouillon powder, oregano and Tabasco sauce;heat through about 2 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into prepared casserole; top evenly with corn, peas and carrots.
- Spread potato mixture over vegetables.
- Bake 35 minutes, until edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes.