Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
There are numerous recipes for different types of Rouladen. This is a wonderful recipe that is ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS. This recipe was developed by my partner, Dean Ramsey.
- 2 top round steaks (8 x 5 each, thinly sliced & tenderized)
- 2 slices black forest ham
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- Pound the already tenderized steaks with a tenderizing mallet to further tenderize the steaks.
- On each steak place 1 slice of Black Forest ham, 4 slices of Provalone cheese, and half of the avocado slices.
- Roll up the 2 Rouladens and secure with wooden toothpicks.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll the Rouladens in flour.
- Melt butter in a skillet, and brown the Rouladens on all sides.