Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a cousin to the German recipe, Rouladen.
- 1 (2 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 4 slices cooked beef
- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- 1 (16 ounce) canwhole carrots, drained (reserve liquid)
- 3 tablespoons red wine
- 3 tablespoons gravy mix (dry)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash thyme
- snipped parsley
- Mix mushrooms and onion; place 1/4 of mixture on center of each beef slice.
- Roll up and fasten with wooden picks.
- Heat oil in 8-inch skillet, brown rolls.
- Add enough water to reseved carrot liquid to measure 1 cup.
- Stir carrot liquid, wine, gravy mix, salt, pepper and thyme into skillet.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add carrots; simmer until hot, about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley.