Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
The salad dressing makes all the difference. This is one of my Husbands favorites. It's simple and full of flavor. Can be roasted in the oven or made in the crockpot. I've Done both and it turns out great everytime but I prefer the oven method.
- 1 (3 -4 lb) beef roast
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, Divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon meat tenderizer, Unseasoned
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package caesar salad dressing mix (I like good seasons)
- 1 large onion, cut into large pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Crockpot directions: In a large bowl, combine dry caesar salad mix, garlic, pepper and 3 tablespoons Olive oil and mix until well blended.
- Sprinkle roast with meat tenderizer on both sides.
- Place beef roast in a slowcooker, add onions around roast and pour salad dressing mixture over roast, sprinkle rest of the ingredients over roast and Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or until done.
- Oven Directions: Preheat oven to 325'.
- Pierce roast with a fork 4-5 times, spaced evenly apart.
- Pour 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil over roast and sprinkle with meat tenderizer.
- Pour about 3/4 of the packet of salad dressing mix evenly over roast.
- Pat the other 1/4 of seasoning on the bottom of the roast.
- Pour reserved 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil over top of roast and Sprinkle with pepper to taste.
- Place roast in pan and place onions around it and roast until internal temp reaches 160'- 165' for medium, 170' for well done.