Recipe by Stefanie828
I got this recipe from grouprecipes.com and it is great. I make this in the slow cooker and it turns out tender every time!!! Also- I didn't have Mrs. Dash on hand so I substituted with 2 tablespoons Coco Cola.
Top Review by Hazeleyes
Very good flavor! I used a rump roast and marinaded overnight. I then took the roast out of the marinade, and put in a 500 degree oven for about 20 minutes. I then turned the oven to 325 and finished roasting in a covered pan for about 2 1/2 hrs. I poured the remaining marinade over the roast during the last 15 min. of baking. Delicious!
- 3 lbs beef roast
- 1 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix (or 2 tbsp Coco Cola)
- 1⁄3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard (your favorite)
- 1 teaspoon parsley