Recipe by bggio
This dry roasted beef rib recipe is a creation of mine that takes time to cook but its all oven cooking but once it is done you will be amazed at the tenderness and flavor. These spices can also be used for Prime Rib As well
Top Review by bggio
Loved the blend of spices for the rub and it came out so tender. They were devoured so quickly that next time I will make more. great flavor and I think I will try it on a roast the next time
- 6 -8 lbs beef short ribs, prior to being cross cut (with a good layer of meat above the ribs)
- 2 tablespoons sea salt, fine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ancho chilies
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend the spices well.
- Remove the thick layer of white tendon under the ribs.
- Dry rub the entire rib ensuring good coverage.
- let marinate over night or as long as you prefer.
- Pre heat oven to 255 degrees.
- Place on baking rack within a pan to be above the base of the pan.
- Cook uncovered for 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cover pan and cook for an additional 2 hour 30 minutes raising temperature to 275 degrees.
- now you have 2 choices you can eat as is my preferred or pick your favorite beef sauce and put a light amount on and barbeque for 5 minutes per side for that smokey flavor.