Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
We make this often. The smell in the house is scrumptious. There is never anything left because my family keeps going back and back and back for more. Easy to make, too.
- 1 lb beef stew meat
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (18 ounce) jar beef gravy
- 1 (29 ounce) can mixed vegetables
- 2 prepared pie crusts
- In small casserole dish, combine raw beef, basil, garlic and beef gravy.
- Cover very tightly with foil and bake in 200 degree oven for 6-8 hours.
- Remove from oven and stir in mixed vegetables.
- Place one pie crust in 9" pie plate. Trim around the edge.
- Pour mixture into pie crust.
- Put other pie crust on top and crimp edges with a fork.
- Cut two or three small slits on top.
- Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes.