Recipe by Chili Dan
My whole family loves it and my son does not like chili. Its really close to a taco chili. I think you'll love it.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 5 cups chopped onions
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 (8 ounce) cans green chili peppers
- 3 pints stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- 4 bay leaves, Crumbled
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon garlic rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 (16 ounce) cans red kidney beans or 2 (16 ounce) cans chili beans
- 1 (16 ounce) packagetostitos corn chips
- 1 head lettuce
- 12 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, Shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large, heavy pot brown the meat with the salt, onions and garlic.
- Onions boil down and the don't over power.
- Drain off the fat and stir in the chili powder.
- Add chilies, stewed tomato, tomato paste, bay leaves, oregano, vinegar, and brown sugar.
- Cover the pot and cook for 2 hours over low heat. Stir frequently.
- Add beans and cook uncovered another 30 minutes.
- Serve with side dish of corn chips, shredded lettuce, and Shredded cheese.
- Also diced onions and sour cream.
- Feel free to change and help make this better. Please post changes.