Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 lb lean ground beef (ground round)
- 2 medium onions, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 lbs flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups water, warm
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 small cake yeast
- Brown onions lightly in butter.
- Add beef. Stir and brown about 10 minutes.
- Add pine nuts and seasoning. Then simmer for 5 minutes. Cool slightly.
- To make dough, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water.
- Mix into the flour and salt. Knead for 5 minutes until smooth.
- Cover and let rise 45 minutes.
- Cut dough in walnut size pieces. Roll out and place spoonfuls of filling on each round of dough.
- Roll up and pinch dough so filling does not escape. Bake on buttered cookie sheet 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- May place under broiler 1 to 2 minutes for crispy brown.