Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook3 hrs 30 mins
This is an old Italian recipe that I got from a dear friend of mine, Martin San, and I slightly modified. I guarantee that this will be the BEST liver you've ever tasted! Even people who don't like liver will like this recipe.
- Cover bottom of very large skillet with olive oil.
- Slice the onions 1/8 of an inch thick & place into skillet.
- Add 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, 1 tsp paprika & 1 tsp curry.
- Sauté on low heat & covered about 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Cut liver into 1 1/2 to 2 inch cubes.
- Place the cubed liver into a plastic bag with 4 tbsp flour, 1/2 tsp salt & 1/2 tsp pepper.
- Shake the bag to fully coat all of the liver.
- In a clean skillet, cover bottom with olive oil & on high heat get the oil VERY HOT!
- Place the liver into the extremely hot oil & sear the liver on both sides.
- Add a little more salt, pepper & curry if needed.
- Add the liver & onions together & fold & serve.
- This could be served, if desired, over either rice, coos coos, polenta or pasta.
- Potatoes are only recommended as a side dish.