Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 hrs
This recipe is from my grandma. She used to make it for all of her kids and grandkids on Christmas. Now that I am married, my husband asks me to make it frequently.
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- may need to double the sauce if using more than one pound meat. I sometimes even need to triple the sauce if I am making a big batch. You want the meat to be covered in the sauce.
- Cut your meat into thin strips. (You can use venison or beef, and I usually use an inexpensive cut of meat). I usually use a couple pounds of the meat and then double the sauce.
- Mix all of the sauce ingredients.
- Marinade with the meat overnight.
- Use with your food dehydrator according to directions.