Recipe by cruby
This is my first post to zaar. Here's a really tasty recipe from my aunt Rose. What a winner!
Top Review by Lee from New Mexico
Hey Cruby, I looked and searched for an egg roll recipe and finally settled on three of them of which yours was one of them and the first one to be made. Happy happy, never tried the other two as this is a very basic recipe which lends it's self to changes very easily. Now if I can just find a good sweet and sour sauce and or plum sauce to go with it, I will have it made, shall continue my quest. Thanks so much for sharing, into the keeper file it goes.....Lee
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 large onion (minced)
- 5 cups shredded cabbage
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 eggs (divided)
- 16 egg roll wraps
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute garlic and ginger in oil til brown.
- Add onion and cabbage. Saute until the cabbage is wilted.
- Add mixture to the raw meat, carrots, soy sauce, pepper, and 2 eggs.
- Make an egg wash with the remaining egg. Brush the edges of the egg roll wrapper.
- Put 2T of the filling in the wrapper. Roll up and fry at 375 degrees til brown.