Recipe by ChaseNNJ
This very easy and delicious curry recipe was given to us by a dear South African friend who happens to be an amazing cook!
- 1 lb cubed steak, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- salt and pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can coconut milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the olive oil in a pan, add the steak, onions, tomatoes, curry powder, bay leaf and garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Add about 1/2 cup of white wine. Stir and simmer for about 20-30 minutes or until meat is cooked. Remember to keep adding a bit of water so it won't dry out completely.
- When meat is done, add the can of coconut milk and continue cooking for about 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve over white rice. Enjoy!