Prep 8 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have served this original recipe for over 40 years. Very simple recipe! My kids wanted it, so here it is. Served with baked country pork ribs, spareribs,chops or any meat that was cooked in the oven without the spice sauces. I usually had an apple cake in the oven at the same time because everything was the same temperature. I wanted the flavor of the noodles and the pork with just salt and pepper to come through. Hope you enjoy!
- 3 cups dry wide egg noodles or 3 cups extra wide egg noodles
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) canscampbell beef consomme soup
- 12 ounces hot water
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 large bay leaf
- Pam cooking spray
- aluminum foil
- Put 4-6 quarts water on stove to boil.
- Add dry noodes. Bring back to boil and cook 7 minutes.
- Drain. Do not rinse.
- Oven temperature 350*.
- In 9 X 13 glass pan, spray Pam or grease the pan.
- Add the consomme'.
- Rinse out the cans with the hot water.
- Add to the pan and stir.
- Add the butter or margarine and bay leaf.
- Add the precooked noodles and stir until all are covered in consome'.
- Cover the dish with foil.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes.
- Stir twice while cooking.
- Serve right from the dish. Add salt and pepper and more margarine if you prefer.
- Note: Sometimes I added a cup of sliced onion with the noodles while cooking. Some like it that way.
Great flavor. I will use less water next time, was a little runny.
Oh witto mama! Thank you so much for posting this. I remember how much I loved this dish growing up, but could never duplicate it. I for one am an onion lover, so the baked onions just add a bonus for me. Thanks again. Top notch and easy recipe!