Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Good one, I've made this using 'leftover' cooked burgers. BEEFBURGERS WITH ORANGE BARBECUED SAUCE
- 4 beef burgers (made your favourite way)
- 2 medium onions, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 15 g butter
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, finely grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 canned tomatoes, drained
- salt & pepper
- Brown the burgers and saute the onion gently in the oil.
- Place in a casserole. Make a roux with the butter and flour, add the orange juice, rind, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and tomato paste. Cook well, stir in the tomatoes and season well.
- Pour into the casserole and cook at 160 C 30 - 40 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasonings before serving.
- Serve with baked potatoes and green salad with slices of orange. Cheers, Doreen Doreen Randal, Wanganui.
- New Zealand.