Recipe by Chef Dudo
Although I personally rather not eat red meat I almost fell for this. It smelled so good and mouthwatering. The ones I made it for said it was great and asked for the recipe. Must try it with chicken.....
- 3 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef brisket
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups carrots, sliced in ovals
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces pitted prunes
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and brown beef brisket.
- Remove meat and pour off drippings.
- Add onion to pan, cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add 1/2 cup water to pan.
- Return meat to pan, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover tightly and simmer 2-3 hours.
- Check that it is not drying out, if so, add some more water.
- Add carrots, brown sugar, lemon juice, salt, cinnamon and pepper.
- Continue cooking, covered, 30 to 45 minutes or until brisket is fork-tender.
- Add prunes, cook, uncovered, over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced and prunes are plumped.