Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Old Time Inn
- 6 -8 beef tenderloin steaks
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 3⁄4 cup dry cabernet sauvignon wine or 3⁄4 cup other red wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pinch thyme
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mushrooms or 1⁄4 cup canned mushroom
- 1 3⁄4 cups strong beef broth
- Pan broil tenderloins in butter until a little underdone. Keep warm.
- In same pan, saute shallots.
- Add wine, bay leaf, and thyme; simmer until reduced to about 1/4 cup.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Strain Juice through sieve, rubbing shallots through; reserve.
- Saute mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter.
- Stir in flour until smooth.
- Add broth; cook and stir until boiling and thickened.
- Add salt and pepper to taste; add wine mixture.
- If too thick, thin with water; if too thin, cook longer.
- Serve sauce over beef.
This was very good!! We really enjoyed the sauce for this recipe!! I didn't change a thing and we will be making this again!! Thanks for posting!