Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Nice, quick chili for cold, rainy lunches.
Make and share this Beef & Black Bean Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground round
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, undrained
- 1 cup chunky salsa (medium or hot)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili seasoning mix
- sour cream
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook meat in large saucepan over medium-high heat until meat is browned, stirring until it crumbles.
- Drain, if necessary.
- While meat cooks, drain and mash 1 can black beans.
- Add mashed beans, undrained beans, salsa, tomato sauce, and seasoning mix to meat; stir well.
- Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.
- Spoon into serving bowls, top with sour cream and cheddar cheese.
This tasted very good & is was easy to make. I did add in a can of kidney beans along with the black beans. Made for Fall PAC 2008
Quick and easy, healthy and delicious! I opted not to use sour cream and used fat-free cheddar in keeping with my diet's guidelines. This was enjoyed very much by everyone in the family, not only the dieters!