Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Found this in an American Heart Association cookbook. With a few of my add ins this is the result.
- 3⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 cup salsa
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup canned fat-free refried beans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- In small bowl stir together the tomato sauce& salsa.
- Using about 1/2 of the sauce mixture brush both sides of tortillas.
- Stack on a plate & set aside.
- This helps tortillas to soften.
- In a large skillet cook beef over med heat till browned about 5 minutes.
- Stirring occasionally.
- Place meat in a colander & rinse under hot water; drain well.
- Wipe skillet with paper towel and return beef to skillet.
- Stir in refried beans, onion, garlic, chili powders cumin & pepper.
- Cook stirring for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Preheat broiler.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of mixture down center of each tortilla.
- Roll up tortillas & place seam side down in 10x6x2-inch baking dish.
- Top with remaining sauce mixture.
- Broil 4 inches from heat about 5 minutes or until browned.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Serves 4.
It was very easy to make. The taste was excellent. I was afraid it was going to be too spicy but decided to follow the recipe just to see and it was great. I would consider it not spicy. I am certainly saving the recipe.