Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, defrosted, well drained
- 1 1⁄4 cups prepared chunky salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 medium flour tortillas, warmed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In large skillet, brown ground beef over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
- Pour off drippings.
- Season beef with chili powder, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Stir in spinach and salsa; heat through.
- Remove from heat; stir in cheese.
- To serve, spoon approx 1/2 cup beef mixture in center of each tortilla.
- Fold bottom edge up over filling; fold sides to center overlapping edges.
I clipped this Beef Council recipe years ago, yet never actually made it. Well, I finally made it tonight, and, was pleasantly surprised at just how yummy this is! My teenage son, the ultimate spinach hater, gave it a big thumbs up. For that, I rate this 5 bright and shiny stars!
This was outstanding! I doubled the recipe and used TVP (textured vegetable protein) for the "meat" because I had enough ground meat for original recipe only. I used pepper jack cheese instead of the cheddar