Recipe by cuisinebymae
Tasty! Easy! Prep time includes marinating time.
Top Review by kdlundberg
Very good recipe. I made this for dinner tonight, and it was a huge hit. I did not use the water chestnuts because I didn't have any, but I'm sure they are quite good in the recipe. I did not find the instructions hard to follow at all. It was very easy to make. Thank you for a good stir fry recipe that I can add to my personal cookbook. I live in Houston, and need light, easy meals to cook during the summer. I will use this one often.
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄4 lbs beef steaks, cut in strips,approximately
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained
- 1 small green pepper, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, 3 tsp cornstarch, and garlic.
- Add beef strips.
- Marinate 30 minutes.
- Combine water and remaining 2tsps cornstarch.
- Set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a skillet.
- Add beef and marinade.
- Stir fry until almost done.
- Add water chestnuts and green pepper.
- Stir fry until as done as you like.
- Add cornstarch mixture.
- Cook and stir until it boils and thickens, a couple minutes.