Recipe by tkclark624
I was experimenting with some beef cubes that I bought and couldn't make up my mind what to do with - this is what I came up with and both DH and I loved it! I made it with the pasta as stated in the recipe, but you could also serve with potatoes or rice. Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by Annacia
I didn't have the meat tenderizer and the blade steak that I used for this could have used it. The flavor however is wonderful. It has a good richness and depth. DH thought the gravy was outstanding. I would certainly make this again but next be sure to use an already tender cut of meat. I added some chopped chives to the meat mix just before starting the gravy phase and we enjoyed that,
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs boneless beef cubes
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon meat tenderizer
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 12 ounces mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil water for pasta.
- In large fry pan, heat olive oil to 350 degrees - use enough oil to coat bottom of pan.
- In large bowl, combine flour, meat tenderizer, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Toss beef cubes in flour mixture and coat well.
- Cook pasta according to directions on package - you should cook the beef while the pasta is cooking.
- Saute coated beef cubes until nicely brown on all sides, turning while cooking - add oil if necessary and do not overcook because cubes can become chewy.
- Remove cubes from pan - place in a bowl and set aside and do not drain the pan.
- Drain cooked pasta and set aside.
- Add mushrooms to the fry pan and cook 3-5 minutes, stirring while cooking.
- Add milk and worcestershire sauce - bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer, stirring constantly - add water if too thick.
- Add beef cubes and pasta to mushroom mixture and simmer for 5 minutes or until meat is heated through - do not overcook!
- Serve with salad and biscuits or garlic bread.