Copyright 2005, Ina Garten. Delicious! My daughter made these for me one evening this summer and it was just wonderful! Didn't include resting time of 20 minutes.
- 2 -3 lbs filet of beef, trimmed and tied
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, room at temperature
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup good mayonnaise (Hellmans)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- kosher salt
FOR THE SANDWICH
- 1 loaf unsliced health bread or 1 loaf unsliced multi-grain bread
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- unsalted butter, at room temperature
- TO COOK THE BEEF:.
- Preheat oven to 500ºF.
- Place the beef on baking sheet and pat the outside dry with a paper towel.
- Mix the unsalted butter and mustards together in a small bowl and spread the mixture over the beef with your hands.
- Sprinkle evenly with the salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for exactly 22 minutes for rare and 25 minutes for medium-rare.
- Remove the beef from oven, cover lightly with aluminum foil, and allow it to rest at room tempearture for 20 minutes. Remove the strings and slice fillet thickly(personal preference, I like mine thin).
- Whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl. Serve at room temperature.
- TO MAKE THE SANDWICH:.
- Cut the bread into 1/4" thick slices.
- Spread 4 of the slices thickly with the Mustard Horseradish Sauce.
- Top with slices of beef and arugula and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spread 4 more slices of bread very lightly with butter and place butter side down, on top of the beef.
- Enjoy, they are divine!