1/1 Photo of Beef and Horseradish Sauce Sandwich
Copyright 2005, Ina Garten. Delicious! My daughter made these for me one evening this summer and it was just wonderful! Didn't include resting time of 20 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 lbs filet of beef, trimmed and tied
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, room at temperature
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup good mayonnaise (Hellmans)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon white prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- kosher salt
FOR THE SANDWICH
- 1TO COOK THE BEEF:.
- 2Preheat oven to 500ºF.
- 3Place the beef on baking sheet and pat the outside dry with a paper towel.
- 4Mix the unsalted butter and mustards together in a small bowl and spread the mixture over the beef with your hands.
- 5Sprinkle evenly with the salt and pepper.
- 6Roast in the oven for exactly 22 minutes for rare and 25 minutes for medium-rare.
- 7Remove the beef from oven, cover lightly with aluminum foil, and allow it to rest at room tempearture for 20 minutes. Remove the strings and slice fillet thickly(personal preference, I like mine thin).
- 9Whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl. Serve at room temperature.
- 10TO MAKE THE SANDWICH:.
- 11Cut the bread into 1/4" thick slices.
- 12Spread 4 of the slices thickly with the Mustard Horseradish Sauce.
- 13Top with slices of beef and arugula and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 14Spread 4 more slices of bread very lightly with butter and place butter side down, on top of the beef.
- 15Enjoy, they are divine!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef and Horseradish Sauce Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 485.1
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 22.2 mg
- Sodium 1824.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 8.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
filet of beef