Recipe by christina.cross
I found this recipe in an old 4-H cookbook and my family really enjoys it.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) box manicotti
- 1 (26 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 3 slices bread, for bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 small white onion, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- black olives (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil manicotti shells and let cool slightly. I rinse them after cooking so they don't stick together quite as bad.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brown the ground beef with the onion and drain.
- Combine egg, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, bread crumbs, olives, mushrooms and meat in a large bowl.
- Stuff the shells with the meat mixture and line them up in a baking dish.
- Pour marinara sauce over the stuffed shells and cover with the remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil and cook for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.
- If you like your cheese browned, remove the foil for the last 10 minutes or so.