Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This was "created" on a day with minimal ingredients in the house. I am more of a fan of ground beef rather than shredded beef but either can be used. Also, my preference for this dish is medium ground beef. I know!! More fat, but the flavor is great!! Again - your choice! I guessed on the ounces of the can of black beans - just the normal size is fine. Easy to modify to your personal taste.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 0.5 (16 ounce) can black beans
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 5 -6 tortillas (I used the smaller variety)
- 2 1⁄2 cups enchilada sauce, # 402189
- Prepare Enchilada Sauce #402189.
- As it simmers, fry the ground beef and onions - season well with salt and pepper.
- When the ground beef is cooked through, remove from heat. Allow to cool slightly.
- Stir in half of the can of black beans (or more if you prefer!) and 3/4 cup of the shredded cheese.
- Assemble enchiladas by placing several tablespoons of filling in the tortilla and rolling it up tightly.
- Place 1 cup of Enchilada Sauce #402189 in the bottom of the casserole (enough to cover the bottom).
- Place enchiladas side by side in the pan, top with remaining enchilada sauce and sprinkle remaining cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake in a covered casserole pan at 350°F for 30-40 minutes, until tortillas are tender and heated through.