1 hr 10 mins
This was "created" on a day with minimal ingredients in the house. I am more of a fan of ground beef rather than shredded beef but either can be used. Also, my preference for this dish is medium ground beef. I know!! More fat, but the flavor is great!! Again - your choice! I guessed on the ounces of the can of black beans - just the normal size is fine. Easy to modify to your personal taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare Enchilada Sauce #402189.
- 2As it simmers, fry the ground beef and onions - season well with salt and pepper.
- 3When the ground beef is cooked through, remove from heat. Allow to cool slightly.
- 4Stir in half of the can of black beans (or more if you prefer!) and 3/4 cup of the shredded cheese.
- 5Assemble enchiladas by placing several tablespoons of filling in the tortilla and rolling it up tightly.
- 6Place 1 cup of Enchilada Sauce #402189 in the bottom of the casserole (enough to cover the bottom).
- 7Place enchiladas side by side in the pan, top with remaining enchilada sauce and sprinkle remaining cheddar cheese on top.
- 8Bake in a covered casserole pan at 350°F for 30-40 minutes, until tortillas are tender and heated through.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef and Black Bean Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (624 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1638.6
- Calories from Fat 779
- Total Fat 86.5 g
- Saturated Fat 40.5 g
- Cholesterol 272.8 mg
- Sodium 2459.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 118.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.6 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 92.6 g