Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I'm always on the lookout for new Mexican recipes. This one looks really good.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (16 ounce) cans refried beans
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup taco sauce
- 16 flour tortillas
- vegetable oil
- shredded lettuce
- sour cream
- chopped ripe olives
- chopped tomato
- cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion, green pepper adn garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add the beans, cheese and taco sauce. Cook and stir until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup off center on each tortilla. Fold up edge nearest filling; fold in both sides and roll up. Secure with a toothpick.
- In a large skillet, fry tortillas, folded side down, in oil for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn, cook 2-3 minutes longer. Drain on paper towels. Serve with toppings of your choice.