Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 hrs
I just discovered this on another website (author unknown). While I liked the idea of adding acorn squash (you could sub carrots), it was the allspice that made me want to try this recipe. When I make it, I think I will use butternut and I might double the allspice once I can see the volume of the combined ingredients.
- 2 lbs lean beef, cut in 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 acorn squash, peeled, seeded and cut in 1 inch pieces
- 2 large red potatoes, cubed in 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large onion, quartered and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 (25 g) packagedry mushroom gravy mix
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- Combine all ingredients in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.