Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
A very easy and very yummy egg dish to serve for brunch or even dinner. Can be made ahead and kept in refrigerator overnite if needed. Don't be afraid of the low fat ingredients- you'll never be able to tell.
- 7 eggs
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 16 ounces low fat cottage cheese
- 6 tablespoons softened butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Mix together the eggs, milk and sugar; add the cheeses and butter, followed by the flour and baking powder.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 pan.
- Refrigerate until needed.
- Bake at 325 for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
This was very good. My husband liked it hot out of the oven, I liked it reheated. It was a bit oily but didn't mind because of the great flavor. Thanks!
These eggs are very easy to make and have a wonderful cheesey yet light texture. I used skim milk, reduced-fat cream cheese (as listed) and fat free cottage cheese. Even with the fat free ingredients, this turned out very yummy. I did add just a little salt, but that's all I added. Thanx for a nice make-ahead brekfast dish.
I gave this 5 stars because my teenage daughters and I really liked it. My picky DH said it was OK & ate it. It's really easy, and sort of tastes like southern cheese grits. I thought it was very tasty. Thanks for posting.