Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
My co-worker makes these every year for our holiday staff meeting. They are delicious and can be frozen.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger, heaping
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, heaping
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned pumpkin, pie mixture
- Mix the first 6 ingredients.
- In a seperate bowl, beat together the eggs, oil & water. Stir in buttermilk and canned pumpkin.
- Mix together dry & liquid ingredients. Pour onto hot griddle & cook until done. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar if desired.
10 stars! These are amazing! By far the best pancakes I have ever made. Great in the Fall but I think I will make these all year long! Thank you so much for the recipe! P.S. Wonderful picture CoffeeB! That is what made me want to make this recipe.
I just made these for dinner. I had some frozen fresh pumpkin from last year, it happened to be 1-1/2 cups so of course I had to make this recipe. I'm so glad I did. Everyone loved them, my seven yr old ate 2 pancakes usually it's only 1 for her. I will be making these again for sure, thanks so much for posting!
Oh my...just like pumpkin pie says DH. What a lovely recipe for this time of year. I cut the recipe in 1/2 and still had lots. :-) Taking your advice about the freezing part. Made for KK's Mini-Cook-a-Thon~