Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Amazing homemade blueberry cobbler that's super easy to make! I just brought this dish to a potluck dinner and it was a major hit! Everyone was asking me for the recipe.
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups frozen blueberries (or fresh, but frozen work a bit better)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water, plus 1/2 cup, divided
- 1 pinch salt
- 13 -16 ounces yellow cake mix (or two boxes of jiffy yellow cake mix)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup butter, plus
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan, mix sugar, salt and cornstarch until smooth. Add lemon juice and 3 tablespoon water, stir well. Stir in blueberries carefully. Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly until sauce thickens, about 3 minutes. Be careful not to crush blueberries.
- Melt a stick of butter and spread evenly in bottom of 9"x13" dish. Pour 1/2 of one box of dry Jiffy cake mix over butter. Pour blueberry mixture over dry cake mix. Mix the second box of Jiffy cake mix as directed (1 egg plus 1/2 cup water). Pour prepared cake mix over blueberry mixture. Use the last 3 tablespoons of butter to dot the surface of cake mix to help brown. Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar on top.
- Bake 25-35 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Serve with whipped cream and/or ice cream.