Recipe by Graceful Chef
This lasagna-type recipe focuses on black beans and refried beans, so it's perfect for vegetarians and anyone else who (like me) loves beans!
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 6 small whole wheat tortillas
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 2 cups black beans
- 2 cups corn
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 cups bell peppers, diced
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine black beans, corn, tomatoes with chiles, peppers, cilantro, salt, and spices in large bowl; mix well.
- Slice tortillas into strips.
- Spread some enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 13x9-inch pan.
- Cover sauce with one-third of tortilla strips.
- Slather half of refried beans onto tortilla strips.
- Add half of vegetable mixture; spread out evenly.
- Add one-third of cheese and half of remaining enchilada sauce.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with remaining tortilla strips and cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted.