Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great vegetarian main dish or excellent side dish in lieu of potatoes. From Celebrating America's Love of Food newspaper insert. (food writer Andrew Cotto, N.Y.) **Not sure onprep/cook time!
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups halved cherry tomatoes, seeds squeezed out (or not)
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- fresh ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil in saute pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook until golden.
- Add beans and salt. Saute 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and saute until tomatoes begin to wilt.
- Add broth and simmer until liquid is reduced by two-thirds.
- Add pepper.